Latest News

On the shoulders of Giants.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 12:55 AM

The measure of one's character is evident in the company they keep. I'm a very outgoing and social person, and I have a lot of people I'd call my friends, but I'm really glad for the ones I have around me now. For example, a great number of my high school friends are still hanging around our hometown still trying to get through community college, even though our ten year high school reunion was two years ago. So while I have a lot of fond memories of these individuals, I really don't see them often.
On the other hand, I have friends scattered all over the state that I make a concerted effort to spend time with, because they inspire me. Usually these are the friends who I see moving in the direction I want to be moving in. Their mere presence is positive reinforcement of my own personal, and professional goals.
Earlier tonight I met with a few friends to work on a 'top secret' project we call 'Mayo.' It's top secret because it's a brilliant idea that we are reasonably sure we can execute on a very professional level. At our meeting this week, Johnny Perkins pitched us another brilliant idea. I wish there was a way for him to express on a resume just how good his ideas are, how far out of the box he thinks, and how creatively he solves problems. I have no doubt that everyone in the industry would be clamoring at his door.
Likewise, we're fortunate to have Nate Dollarhite giving physical representation to Johnny's abstract concepts through masterful digital paintings and sketches. This early on in the project I feel like they are doing the burden of the work, as there is little 3D modeling, and little business management for me to tend to. As we get things rolling I can already see the weight shifting onto my shoulders. Hopefully I'll be able to look back on these times and not resent having to do so much of the work.

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. Johnny says:

    Thanks for the praise! I just wish industry big wigs read your blog... that would be super helpful.

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.