Latest News

Camping!

Friday, July 17, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 10:03 PM

I'm not doing it! I'm supposed to be, but I'm not. I haven't been camping in months, and somehow I was invited on not one, not two, but three camping trips this weekend. I elected to stay home and keep banging my head against Mudbox. I know that digital sculpting is the future for 3D artists, it just hasn't entered into my personal curriculum till now. Rather than be left in the dust when the uprising comes, I'm arming myself with the tools to join in battle on that glorious morn. In this case, battle being the job hunt, which in so many ways I'm already actively engaged in...

Here's a couple progress shots. This is really my first stab at 3d sculpting, and so I picked the easiest object I could think of- a concrete pillar. It seems this is a fairly common choice, and that several other people on the net picked the exact same reference image that I'm working from. Damn you Google image search. Damn you and all your glory.



Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.