Latest News

A life without consistancy

Monday, June 15, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 11:47 PM

It really no secret to me that I thrive when I have order and structure in my life, and I flounder without. Oddly, ever fiber of my being rebels at the thought of any regimented activity. I imagine what my life would have been like had I enlisted in the armed forces. Instead, I took basically the polar opposite approach, and became a fine artist in the digital age.

I'm sitting down today to commit all the ideas floating around in my head to digital paper, so that I can stop thinking about them.

I'm not a spiteful person, and prefer not to speak ill of anyone, even ex-girlfriends. I have nothing negative to say about my most recent ex, in-fact, she's a great person. Just not for me. Now- with that disclaimer in place- Earlier this week a friend told me that he'd heard my ex was looking for dates via personal adds on Craigslist.com. I couldn't help but feel that somehow I was winning. At life.

I have an idea floating around in my head about taking micro-blogging more seriously. I twitter fairly regularly. This isn't going to be a post on the virtues of twitter, suffice to say it fills a vital role in my perceived online presence. I see on the near horizon an era where your online persona is more important than your real life one. It appears Google is doing everything in their power to usher in that age.

I know I have the ability to blog from my cell phone, I just need to familiarize myself with the process, and then set and alarm or something to remind me daily to post. Like, drop what I'm doing for 5 minutes and report on the day. This is a procedure very much for myself so that in the future I'll be able to look back and recall my own adventures.

I need to devise a label system to organise the events of my life. So far I have the following:
#Art - for posting updates specifically related to my creations
#DailyAdventures - to chronicle my day to day experiences, a sort of mini-journal
#Rants - for obscure ponderings and, as the title implies, personal rants.

I'm using hashtags (#) becuase of their application in terms of metadata. If none of that makes sence to you, you may not be a nerd. Congradulations.

I wonder about the permanence of the internet. There's not promise that I'll wake up in the morning and my Gmail-Beta account will still be functional. Losing all the content therein would be a huge blow to the personal archive that is my life. The same goes for the online dialogue woven in the many threads and photo albums of my facebook profile. These are literally intangible digital constructs that I place a great deal of trust and faith into.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.