Latest News

S&W 500 Update...

Saturday, May 30, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 5:10 AM


Progress-2009-05-30
Originally uploaded by mcbradd

I ran into a snag with the construction of the gun frame, and had to basically remodel the whole thing so that the gun could actually animate a reload cycle properly...
Also, I started with the barrel and cartridge as 8-sided cylinders. After putting this amount of work and detail into this piece, they seemed glaringly low-rez, so I bumped them up to 16. It only added about 50 poly's to the model, and I think they were well spent.

I've got the entire gun modeled, and the Sud-D version completed for baking out the normal maps... Just got to finish the Scope and holster clips... hooray! I can see the light at then end of the tunnel!

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.