Latest News

Two Paragraphs.

Sunday, March 8, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 7:28 PM

I've had an idea for a story, or game, or movie... something... bouncing around in my head for a while. I sat down tonight to begin hammering out more than just ideas. I must be tired because it took me what seemed like a lifetime just to commit the first two paragraphs to virtual page. Here they are. More blogging after.

***

“We lost the greatest mind GRID Division ever produced in your team’s first experiment. Remind me how you went on to redeem yourself? Oh I remember now- your very next adventure, in the name of science, cost us the entire accelerator facility the late Dr. Howard conceived to test your insane hunch.”

The Golden age of the Karmean alliance was no place for a conflict hardened vet like Col. Archibald M. Troy. The M. stood for Machiavelli. The running joke whispered through the dank cramped halls of Isis-One implied that either his parents were fortune-tellers, or the Universe itself possesses an amazing sense of humor. Any footman assigned to Isis-one would opt for the latter. The irony of history’s greatest military stronghold being built during mankind’s greatest era of peace was obvious to even the night janitorial crew.

***
I'm not in the habit of keeping up with ex's online (FaceStalking as it were...) but I was directed to a blog post my ex-girlfriend wrote while were were dating. It was an incredibly long and detailed response to some life rantings from my own blog. She'd written it while we were dating, and I'd never known. Honestly touching stuff. I tried my best to write a quick comment expressing that I was touched, even in spite of our break. It was kind of a big deal since I'd cut off all communication since I broke up with her. Not so much as a returned text message. It put me into a mood of deep self-examination. I started writing a blog post which turned insanely personal, and inturn hasn't been published. Yet. It would appear that whenever I find myself emotionally conflicted I enter a state of astonishing productivity.

I wanted to start this paragraph saying the last few months have been the best in my life. Not true. My first season snowboarding was the happiest and best in my life. It all came crashing down during my first long distance relationship. Funny, that now after the conclusion of my second long distance relationship I'm back to being as happy as I can remember. Second Happiest. More snowboarding would tie it up. I've completely rebooted my social life. Discarded friends that drag me down. Rekindled productive friendships, and made plenty of new ones. Every day it seems like I meet new beautiful, intelligent women with great outlooks on life. In short, I feel like some clockwork piece inside of me that I let rust solid due to cynicism has been cleaned and repaired. For the first time in years things are running as they should.

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. Unknown says:

    Bradd, great to hear things are going so well for you! Thanks for sharing!

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.