Latest News

Rockstar and Alka-Seltzer

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 3:42 AM

They taste like bubble gum. I kid you not. 'Original Rockstar energy drink' combined with 'Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus' tastes just like that artificial bubble gum flavoring. But rather than just chewing the candy and tasting it for a second, it's like you're drinking the flavoring extract directly. Similar to drinking the syrup from the fountain soda without the carbonated water. Oh my.

I'm honestly surprised that there wasn't an explosion when I mixed the two. Rockstar is fundamentally an acid, Alka-Seltzer is by definition a base. Basic chemistry say that's the recipe for an explosive chemical reaction. Or a reduction to salt water. (Ugh *remembers balancing formulas in Chem class...)

And that's not even what I intended to blog about. THQ Plans to close Big Huge Games if they can't find a buyer. The news kind of makes me sad. I bought and loved their conversion of 'Settlers of Catan' for Xbox Live. Also, they're curently working on an RPG project headed up by one of the leads from Bethesda's Oblivion, yet another game I own and love. This is a company that I'd like to work for. It will be sad if their creative flame is extinguished by a difficult economic climate.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.