Latest News

Destroying Years of Your Life

Thursday, March 19, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 8:28 AM


SW500_01
Originally uploaded by mcbradd

So Chad came over to get a little help on his final project in an 3DS Max animation class. Props to him for showing up with Two Hot 'n Ready's and a 2 liter of Mt. Dew.
After goofing around on the webs for the better part of an hour we decided to get down to business. He handed me the cord to his external hard drive, and as I pulled it to plug into the USB dock on the far side of my monitor, his drive fell off the desk and crashed to the floor.

Destroyed.

Apparently that was where he was keeping the back ups of all the projects he'd done in school. Years of artwork. Yeah. The originals had been lost in some kind of freak accident I hear. You'll have to read his blog for more specifics.

Also, I started a new model tonight. I'm making a high and low poly versions of a 500 S&W Magnum. That's a 50 cal handgun. My Dad picked up two of them a while back to protect himself while fishing.
Sounds ridiculous, right? What kind of fish do you need the worlds largest handgun for? Well, his intention is to fly fish for Salmon. They can be very aggressive during mating season.
No, not really.
Or maybe yes.
But you know who else likes Salmon fishing? Bears. Huge ones. The kind that a 9mm would just piss off.
So yeah. I'm gonna whip this model out and take it to GDC with me. I'm super excited as I've already got some interviews lined up, and some invite to private corporate parties.
So here's to the job hunt. Wish me luck!

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.