Latest News

Priapism

Thursday, June 18, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 2:54 AM

Yeah. That's the word of the day. Priapism. Fortunately, I wasn't the victim of this serious, and yet hilarious medical condition. The last two on-site contracts I've worked have involved crazy hours, and often night shifts. Due to the resulting wildly erratic sleeping patterns, my doctor prescribed me sleeping pills, specifically Trazidone.
(As a side note, the 'victim' in this story probably didn't want it noised about, so I'll leave him nameless. But, If you know he and I it'll be easy enough to figure out. But then again, if you know us that well then I bet we've shared in our fair share of embarrassments together, and in the end this is just another good laugh.)
Before leaving my last contract job with Sony, I recommended another artist and close friend for the job. He's doing it now, and working some nights. The last time we were hanging out I gave him the last of the sleeping pills.
This afternoon he gave me a call and asked if there were any side effects of the pills... I hadn't experienced any, so I said no. He then informed me that he'd had, "a raging boner" all morning and it just wouldn't quit. I know I probably should have taken this more seriously, as priapism is a serious medical condition, but my mind was imediatly transported to 7th grade and I laughed uncontrollably. After all, to paraphrase Kevin Smith, 'Wiener and fart jokes will always be funny.'
(In grabbing that last link for you I discovered that Kevin Smith and I have the same birthday. Hmm. And by the way, Yesterday was Captain Awesome's birthday!)

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. Unknown says:

    You know it's gonna be a great blog when Kevin Smith is quoted...

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.