Latest News

Digsby - The ultimate Social tool?

Thursday, January 15, 2009 , Posted by Unknown at 10:16 AM

I've recently been looking for a way to manage the ever sprawling mess that is social networking. Specifically, I've been looking for a Twitter client that does one specific thing: Posts to Ping.FM. I use Ping.fm via Twitter to update my status on Facebook, Myspace, and LinkedIn simultaneously.
Previously, I was using a Twitter Client called Spaz, which runs on Adobe Air. Unfortunately the app has problems with the Twitter API and always complains about rate limits. So I continued looking for a Windows Vista x64 solution. That's when I came across Digsby.com.

I feel that a picture of Digsby in action will give you the best insight into how it really works. I have a few WARNINGS afterwards.

digsby interface

Warnings:
While yes, Digsby is a *free* app, they try to make it profitable by installing all sorts of Adware on install. Be careful and click 'NO' to all the toolbars, search assistants, and attempts to change your homepage and all will be well between you and Digsby.

Currently have 2 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Except ping.fm hasn't been updated myspace for a while now. BOO!

    I'll check it out btw, thanks.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Sweet. Just what I needed, thanks for the heads up.

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.