Latest News

Zune software on 64 bit Windows Vista

Friday, November 21, 2008 , Posted by Unknown at 3:13 PM

So all over the net I saw crazy hacks and guides on how to get the Microsoft Zune running on Microsoft's 64 bit Vista OS. I doesn't really seem like it should be all this difficult... All the guides started with: "Step 1 - install it on a 32 bit computer..." Which didn't help me, because I didn't have one handy.

After an hour long conversation with level 1 and 2 Microsoft support the answer was this:

Start the Microsoft Windows Firewall service.

Yeah. Being a know-it-all, I disabled the built in firewall, which I guess causes the Zune installer to fail, giving you this error code: 0x80070643

It's the sort of solution I never would have guesses, but I felt a little silly afterwards.

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. Unknown says:

    Holy fscking crap. Thank you, thank you, thank you. That would have never occured to me. I've been banging my head on my desk for a week now trying to figure out what the eff was wrong. Damned M$.

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bam! Have something Awesome to say? Put it here.